Register online for this course offered by DigitalGov University
If you’re a web content writer, manager, or editor, this day-long course followed by a half-day web content Write-a-Thon will give you what need: practical guidance on writing plain language web content, examples of effective content, and uninterrupted time to write.
What You’ll Learn
The hands-on day-long course introduces you to the principles of web writing. You’ll learn how to write plain language web content that is:
- Appropriate for its intended readers
- Repurposed for online readers, not print-based (PDF)
- Findable by search engines
You’ll learn how to explain the business value of writing well for online readers and strategies for assessing whether your content is earning you a high return. You’ll also be introduced to a range of web writing resources, including style guides, content case studies, websites, conferences, and online communities.
The half-day web content Write-a-Thon gives you time to write or revise your own web content. You’ll have the chance to share your work with the instructor and other course participants. You’ll receive practical, focused feedback.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone who writes, manages, or edits online content.
What to Bring
- Your own web or Intranet content to work on during the workshop. You will have ample time to write and edit, so please bring several pages or an entire section of your site that needs revision. You will receive feedback on your revised content from the instructor and course participants.