- This event has passed.
Well-Written Web Content Workshop: Even When It’s Not Your Job, It’s Your Responsibility
January 27, 2012 @ 9:00 am
On January 27, 2012 I’m partnering with the Washington DC Chapter of the Usability Professionals Association (UPA) to offer a half-day web content workshop. The workshop is open to members and non-members. Seating is limited, so register now.
The recent plain language law has made government agencies (and corporations) more aware that good web writing is essential to good user experience. This hands-on workshop will give you practice in writing web content in plain language. You’ll learn to write:
- Task-oriented, actionable web content
- A bite, a snack, and a meal
- Content that’s understandable to users, whether they’re novices or experts
- Streamlined, concise, non-fluffy web content
- Embedded hyperlinks that don’t confuse or distract
You’ll also learn new strategies for convincing your colleagues and clients that good web content is important:
- How to use before-and-after examples to illustrate web writing principles
- When to refuse to publish web content that’s just not well written
- How to use the wealth of new plain language resources