- This event has passed.
E-Writing to Customers: A Hands-On Workshop on Writing Social Media Messages
March 21, 2012 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Register for this March 21 E-Writing to Customers workshop in Suffern, NY
SOCAP’s NY Metro Chapter is hosting a special hands-on workshop to train participants on the necessary skills to effectively communicate using social media.
What you will learn
In this day-long workshop, you will receive guidance and practice in writing to customers in social media. You will gain strategies for making a smooth transition to this new service channel and learn how to:
- Write to customers in plain language not “legalese”
- Edit lengthy consumer responses to be used on Facebook and Twitter
- Revise your own customer communications
- Write with a tone that is professional and personal but not flippant
- Decide whether customer service content (such as FAQs) should be published on Facebook or on a branded website
- Decide whether to identify yourself as a company employee when advocating or discussing a product via social media.
What you should bring
- Copies of two or three of your company’s e-mails to customers (or templates) that you want to revise during the workshop
Contact: Jack Sullivan (201) 227-5883 or Mary Ann Kerr (973) 347-9400 x4219