- This event has passed.
How to Publish An E-Newsletter That Pays You Back
June 25, 2013 @ 10:05 am - 11:05 pm
Presentation at the 2013 University of Minnesota Communicators Forum
Publishing your department’s e-newsletter is a lot of work. You have to develop a content formula, track down leads, write articles, and layout and proof each issue. With all the effort you invest in your newsletter, each issue should “pay you back” in important ways: by building awareness or participation in your department’s programs, by helping your department gain recognition, or by enabling your readers to do better work.
In this breakout session, you will learn how to publish an e-newsletter that provides real benefits to your department. You will learn:
- How to develop a content formula for your e-newsletter
- What your e-newsletter must offer to complete with your department’s Facebook page
- How publishing your e-newsletter more frequently could make your job easier
- Which types of articles or features appeal most to readers
- How to use a tone that will make your readers more engaged with your e-newsletter