- This event has passed.
How to Respond to Angry Customers in Social Media – WACRA Annual Conference
October 5, 2015
It’s challenging enough for airlines to respond to angry customers when they call us or email us. So how should we respond to them when they tweet or post on Facebook? Angry customers’ public complaints in social media can make our airlines look bad, even when we are taking appropriate steps to resolve their problems.
In this session, you will get practical tips and hands-on practice in responding to angry customers in social media.
You will learn:
- Why it’s essential to respond quickly and specifically
- How to acknowledge customers’ anger, even when they are being unreasonable
- When to ask angry customers to move the discussion out of the public social channel
- How to re-use customer service skills your team has honed on the phone or via email, such as empathy, active listening, validation, in social channels
- When to let an angry social media discussion run its course, and when to try to shut it down
- Sample responses: How airlines around the world handle angry customers in social media