Does your work require you to explain complex technical subjects in writing? Are you more confident of your technical skills than your writing skills? If so, this course will help you learn how to tailor your message and your documents to your audience.
After reviewing sample technical documents and setting document standards, you’ll learn a repeatable process for developing effective technical documents such as reports, user manuals, and journal articles. Using new writing tools, you will write a sample document and receive feedback on it from the course instructor.
What you will learn:
- how to analyze your audience’s need for information and level of technical expertise
- how to display information visually
- how to incorporate figures and tables into text so they are meaningful to readers
- how to use examples and analogies to explain technical concepts
- how to write clearly and briefly
- how to manage the tone of your writing
Course length: one or two days