It’s back-to-school season, even for those of us who did not get a new lunchbox, science teacher, or dorm room this year. In honor of students everywhere, and in support of your ongoing efforts to refresh those writing skills, here are links to 20 online grammar and spelling quizzes. Try them all to see if you’ll make the grade.
- Online Grammar Quizzes – Cengage Learning
- Online Grammar Test – Dr. K. Siegel, Mount Mary College
- Interactive Online Grammar Quizzes – City Univ. of Seattle
- Grammar Review – Newsroom101.com
- Online Grammar Quiz – Plain English Campaign
- Quiz: Are You a Grammar Geek? – Harvard Business Review
- Grammar Mastery Test – GrammarBook.com
- Triangle Grammar Guide Quizzes – NewsObserver.com
- Online Spelling Bee – Visual Thesaurus
- Spelling Bee Hive – Merriam Webster
Are you smarter than an 11th grader?
We make our kids take them, but can you pass the grammar and usage sections of these tests for teens?
- Identifying Sentence Errors – SAT Practice Test
- ACT Practice Questions
- GED Sample Test Questions: Language Arts, Writing
- Sentence Diagramming Practice (The tony St. Albans School in Washington, DC still teaches diagramming??)
Could you cut it as an editor, teacher, diplomat, or technical writer?
- For editors: Twenty Questions: A Quiz on the AP Stylebook and Test Your Editing Skills: Chicago style
- For teachers: Praxis Pre-Professional Skills Test: Writing and Check Your Spelling
- For diplomats and other international types: Subtest IV: Grammar – United Nations Language Proficiency Exam
- For technical writers: Klariti Technical Writing Test
Have an online grammar quiz to share? Post a comment or e-mail me.
Tags: Grammar and usage, Writing resources