Do you worry about whether you’ve used a comma correctly? Are you unsure about the difference between a semicolon and a colon? This course will help you review (or learn) punctuation rules and make them easy to remember.
What you will learn:
- the most common rules for using periods, commas, apostrophes, quotations marks, colons, and semicolons
- how punctuation rules have changed since you were in school
- a strategy for reviewing draft content or documents for correct punctuation
- a few differences between how punctuation is used in Spanish and English
- how to use a style guide, such as the Chicago Manual of Style or the GPO Style Manual to check your punctuation
You’ll practice using punctuation correctly in the kinds of documents you write every day. You’ll also build confidence in your punctuation knowledge so you can edit your colleagues’ work as well as your own.
Course length: one day or half day