This webinar was presented live on January 21, 2011 for Web Manager University. You can download:
- Webinar Recording ( 66 MB, 90 minutes, Windows Media Player)
- Presentation Slides (PDF, 3 MB, 24 pages)
Contact us to learn about upcoming webinars on plain language, e-mail writing, or web writing.
Kick off the New Year with this introduction to plain language writing principles and practice. In this webinar, you’ll learn why writing in plain language does not mean “dumbing down” your content. You’ll analyze before-and-after examples of government web content written in plain language. You’ll also receive pre-course writing samples to review then we’ll apply plain language principles to these samples during the webinar.
What you’ll learn
- The principles of plain language
- How to edit content according to plain language principles
- Where to find additional plain language training and resources
- How the Plain Writing Act could affect your agency’s operations