I loved being interviewed by GrowthDot’s Natalia Zhontsa, who asked me 11 provocative questions and somehow got me talking about a dead airline passenger, customer service, social media, live chat, customer experience, email, writing, plain language, and my secret dream of being a blues singer?
- First of all, can you tell us a bit about yourself and your career? How did you start, and where are you now?
- What are the most favorite and the most complicated parts of your job and why?
- In terms of writing for customer service, what do you see as challenges and opportunities?
- In your opinion, what are the biggest failures of businesses in responding to their customers in writing? And what are the biggest successes in responding to customers in writing?
- What is the most unusual case you’ve experienced if there were any, and how did you handle it?
- What qualities do you think customer support or customer service agent should have to be able to resolve such cases?
- How would you serve an angry customer yourself? What would be your advice in that situation?
- Do you have an everyday ritual that helped you to achieve success? And what is it?
- How do you keep up with the latest trends, for example, in customer service?
- How did this pandemic influence your work?
- If you could immediately acquire one new skill, what would it be and why?
P.S. I’m not on Clubhouse anymore, but you can always join me for a great Fix This Writing! conversation on LinkedIn Live.