Get Hands-on Help Writing Your Own Content
No, it’s not a dance-a-thon or a walk-a-thon. It won’t make you tired or give you sore feet. It’s a Web Content Write-a-Thon. Sign up for this half-day hands-on web writing workshop, and make progress on your own web content project.
This Write-a-Thon isn’t a traditional class. It’s an afternoon, away from your office, where you’ll have uninterrupted time to work on your web content, and you’ll get individual help from E-WRITE’s expert web writing instructor, Leslie O’Flahavan. Enroll by yourself or bring your colleagues. You can work on your own or in a small group.
You should enroll in the Web Content Write-a-Thon if you
- Need an afternoon of peace and quiet to write or revise your web content
- Want help from E-WRITE (Leslie O’Flahavan, etc.) and others who attend the Write-a-Thon
- Have suffered from web content writers’ block
- Need help deciding what new content to write, how to revise what you have, or how to repurpose a print document for the web
- Find it easier to work amongst others who have a similar task
- Want input on your content from a neutral outsider who’s not caught up in office politics
You will receive
- Handouts containing web writing guidance and before-and-after web content examples
- A 100-item web writing resource list
- Snacks (nutritious and otherwise)
What you should bring
- Your laptop and whatever you need to connect to WiFi at the Silver Spring Civic Building
- Soft copies or hard copies of the web pages you’ll be working on
- Any documents you’ll need for reference or repurposing
Tuition refund policy: You will receive a full refund if you cancel before February 27, 2012. If you cannot attend, you may send a substitute.
Questions? E-mail Leslie O’Flahavan or call 301-989-9583.
Tags: Web Writing, Writing training